Below are the guidelines for submitting all events promo or business features—if you have any questions, feel free to email Help@brooklynslifestyle.com
Submit events in article form, not as a Press Release. Remember, the first paragraph MUST be a compelling and substantial Full Paragraph, spanning at least five continuous sentences. For businesses, embrace the opportunity to passionately showcase how extraordinary your venture is and vividly explain why everyone should visit. Speak your heart out about your awesomeness.
INQUIRE ABOUT DISCOUNT PRICING FOR YOUR NEXT EVENT
*****EMAIL SAMII@BROOKLYNSLIFESTYLE.COM—ALLOW 24 TO 48 HOURS FOR RESPONSE****
EVENT LISTING GUIDELINES
BUSINESS LISTING GUIDELINES
- Titles MUST be Simple and Descriptive! Integrate reader-friendly terms like sample sale, show, festival, concert, charity, art exhibit, hotel, restaurant, pop-up, or museum.
- Ensure that the nature of your event is brilliantly and clear to all—No marketing or PR gimmicks.
- BKLS exclusively publishes articles; press releases are not accepted. Elevate your submission by crafting a captivating first paragraph that stands as a Full Paragraph and comprises several continuous sentences, each spanning at least five lines of text to convey your message.
- No matter where your business or event is situated in the five boroughs, include clear details about public transportation.
- When making your payment, remember to add the name of your event or business in the Memo Field of PayPal. This is crucial for connecting your submission to the payment.
***Keep reading for additional information on image specifications and other listing guidelines***
- Promote your store, restaurant, museum, hotel or other full-time business to a variety of NYC tourists and locals.
- Does your listing on NYC Insider Guide need updating? Hours of operation, address and more can be updated here.
- This is a place for you to really feature your business. Must be at least 500 words, include at least 1 image, a link to your website and generally highlight your business. It is a place to feature your business to our site visitors, so please make it count.
- Choose from multiple business promotion packages or get a free listing.
- Upload photos, descriptions, contact info, store hours, coupons and more.
- MUST be a physical business in NYC – no online business, services or apps being accepted at this time.
- Name your images.
- Use correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Reach out if you need help.
- Include reader-friendly terms for titles.
- Do NOT upload images with generic names such as “flyer” or “logo.” [Name your images to coordinate with your listing, such as “Christmas-In-July.jpeg
- Please do not ask how long it will take to post your event before you submit it. Estimated and maximum timelines are posted on this page for each listing type. It is our goal to publish all submissions as quickly as possible. Many are published the same day they are submitted.
EVENT OR BUSINESS DESCRIPTION
Submit events in article form, not as a Press Release. Remember, the first paragraph MUST be a compelling and Full Paragraph, spanning at least five continuous sentences. For businesses, embrace the opportunity to passionately showcase how extraordinary your venture is and vividly explain why everyone should visit. Speak your heart out about your awesomeness.
FOR EVENTS, PLEASE INCLUDE INFORMATION IN THIS ORDER:
Opening Description Paragraph as described
Date + Time [events only]
Title [business and event]
Location [Address, City, State, + Zip [MUST include Directions]
For Events: tell us about the artists, organization, music, et cetera.
For Business: give as many details as possible.
Absolutely essential: TYPE ALL OF THE REQUIRED INFO. An image, no matter how tempting, cannot substitute for the impact of directly typing it in this form.
- Event or Business Description: The minimum character requirement for descriptions is 300, but for full-page business and event listings, 500+ words are ideal.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM IN ITS ENTIRETY