I love a well-made cup of coffee and I love Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes (PSL). I am there the first day it appears on the menu. Unfortunately not all Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes are created equal so having a few favorite locations and baristas is the secret to the best-made PSL.
Whether you’re a coffee lover or a PSL lover I’ve combined my two loves (coffee and pumpkin spice) to create an amazing sugar scrub that you’ll fall in love with.
Last year I was forced to skip my seasonal body scrub at Venelle Spa and needed a good body scrub that would not only give me a nice exfoliation but something that would be nourishing, ignite my senses and make me feel every bit as pampered as a spa day.
It is a cost-effective option and easily adaptable. I love an oiler scrub while my sister likes a less oily version. Making your own scrub gives you the flexibility to play around with the ingredients until you find the right combination of scent and texture.
- 1 ½ cups of Brown Sugar
- 3 teaspoon of Pumpkin Spice
- 1.5 tablespoons of ground coffee
- 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon (Raw)
- ½ cup of coconut oil in its solid form for a less oily version — an entire cup for a more oily scrub. (organic non-fractionated virgin coconut oil)
Two teaspoons of vanilla
- A dash of nutmeg
- Vitamin E oil (Optional)
- Pumpkin oil (optional)
- A cinnamon stick for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl combine everything except the coconut oil, pumpkin oil, and Vitamin E oil.
- In a small bowl whisk together the coconut oil, pumpkin oil, and Vitamin E oil pure into the sugar mixture and mix well.
- Store in an airtight container
This Brown sugar scrub is worth a try but remember we’re all different and it’s important to do a patch test before you use any product DIY or Store-bought.