We are looking for new writers to contribute to BKLS; if you have a story, a tip, a recommendation, or a NYC experience to share and are interested in submitting it to BKLS, please read our contributor’s guidelines.
We love sharing stories [articles] about New York City [NYC] that inspire, inform and empower other New Yorkers or visitors
No one knows NYC like locals, so we love real stories authentically shared in a real, uplifting, positive, and encouraging way. We love good quality content that is also evergreen. It might be something like “Tips for Broadway Week in NYC, “which is a timely event, but the content must be relevant for years.
Let us talk about the best of NYC in the form of stories. We love stories based on personal experiences because we believe we can all learn and become inspired by the experiences of others. Tell us stories that excite us; share your experience, but tell us why we should care.
Each month we focus on various topics, including Beauty + Wellness, the best Restaurants to visit, and Events to attend. In addition, we feature our favorite Black-Owned businesses, Art, Culture, Food, and Wine. And we are looking for some of the same. For example, best of, city guides, tips, recommendations, a new business, someone who is doing some fantastic things, et cetera.
First-time Contributors—Please Note
- We prefer complete drafts on the first pitch. It gives us an idea of your writing style and ability to build a readable narrative.
- A length of 700 to 1000 words for editorial pitches and 1000 to 1500 words for personal essays is a nice balance.
- The first piece is on a trial basis. It allows us to see how well your writing connects with our audience before we bring you on as a regular contributor.
- The proposed title should be in the subject line. Keep it catchy and striking. Check out our current content to understand how we structure headlines.
- Always include writing samples. We would love to see your versatility.
- Send your submissions to Nat@brooklynslifestyle.com.
If you are not sharing a personal story, then we have additional requirements related to keywords searches, images, et cetera [see below].
When you email us your pitch, you must outline the keyword/s you are targeting and the research you have done for your topic. This lets us know that.
- You are serious about wanting this to work both ways,
- that you know how to add value to this blog, and
- that you are more than just a wannabe. You know what you are talking about.
- We do not expect you to be a pro at keyword research. Just at least send us a pitch showing you have an angle.
- While we do not expect you to supple images, someone who pitches and supplies their own images is going to be a more easy “yes.” Four to five images for a 1000 word article is a nice balance.
- HEADERS: your pitch should be broken up with headers so people scrolling can stop when they get to a header that interests them.
- LINKS: You should also include links to any sites that are relevant to your copy. For example, if you are reviewing places to eat, you should include links to those restaurants.
- Make sure you use my name in the email. People who email with just Hi there, show me that they have not taken the time to look through this blog at all. It does not take much to see the author name on any post, the author bio at the bottom of all my posts.
In return, we will add up to 2 do-follow links to your site. We will also share your post across my social media platforms, newsletter, and text database. It would also be helpful for reach if you did the same across your platform.
So there you have it. If you are interested in contributing or guest posting on BKLS, email us at email@example.com. I would love to hear from you.
BKLS GUEST ARTICLE GUIDELINES
All guest articles MUST add genuine value to our audience—no spam or B.S. allowed. Your topics must center around NYC Travel + Tourism, serving exciting insights for visitors and locals alike. From Must-visit spots to hidden gems and everything in between, we want content that showcases the best of the Big Apple. Just a heads up, there is a fee for all guest articles.
PLEASE NOTE: We confidently exercise our right to decline articles that do not align with our site. Quality is critical, and we are committed to delivering engaging content that resonates with our audience. And showcase the very best for our readers. If we choose not to publish your article we will refund all fees.
- 10 Iconic New York City Restaurants Every New Yorker Needs to Try
- The BEST Times to Visit New York City [And The Season to Avoid]
- An Exciting Guide to 3 Days in New York City
- Ten Exciting New York City Toy Stores to Inspire
- Two-Day Itinerary in Uptown New York City
- Each article must be 500-1200 words, exuding well-crafted grammar and spelling.
- All articles originality must be verfied with Copyscape.
- Each article has a Guest Author section will have an Author Box at the end. This section does not count towards the word count. In the guest author section, you are allowed ONE do-follow link to your website.
- Great user-submitted articles include Ultimate Guide to New York City Museums or Five Brunch Spots to Try in New York City.
Images for Article
Use picmonkey.com or iloveimg.com to format your image. iloveimg.com will compress your image without compromising your photo quality or reducing the picture’s file size. [Landscape images work best on our site]
- Each article must be accompanied with two images—minimum width 1920px
- Your image must have a descriptive name. Images with generic names, such as “flyer,” will not be used. Be sure to coordinate the name of your images with your article title.
- Copyright restrictions: The images must be allocated for the public so it does not violate any restrictions.
- Your mage maximum upload size must be 100 kb with a minimum width of 1920px.
how to submit your guest article
- Go to our Promote Your Event or Business.
- Select the Business Feature to make a payment.
- Complete the form and submit your article.
- Articles are reviewed and processed in 10 to 15 business days [this can happen sooner]and live within 48 hours approval. Once approved we will send a confirmation to the email you provided.
****We also offer Sponsored Articles. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org****