Valentine’s Day is almost here but in recent years it has become too much. And I blame the marketing agencies, the happy couples (JK), social media etc.
It has become so overbearing that it can leave many of us dreading the day or closing our eyes and wishing the 24 hours would just disappear.
I feel you — I hear you and I agree It is too much pressure and another thing on our already long list of stressors. Whether you are married, in a relationship, single, dealing with a breakup or just navigating an entanglement all of that Love, Love, Love on that one day has become another thing in our lives that feels inauthentic (to me anyway).
Don’t get me wrong I love, love, romance, flowers and occasional chocolate but the pressure is too much.
Valentine’s Day falls on a Monday this year and to be honest I want nothing more than to spend some quality time with myself. Enjoying a nice glass of champagne, a relaxing bath, a delicious homemade dinner and a good book. And I want to buy what I want for myself.
Staying in and focusing on a bit of self care and love can be an exciting way to spend your Valentine’s Day this year.
Here are a few things to give yourself to make your day complete or pass the list along to your lover.
- Lace Chemise & G-String Thong Set $53 to 58.00 from Nordstrom. While you’re online grab this satin robe on sale for $47.00
- Privacy Please Sleep Mask from Slip.
- The one up from Rose Pop.
- Red Wine Soap from Earthly Good Good.
- Olive-wood heart spoon from William Sonoma.
- Moet & Chandon Champagne Nectar Imperial (Any Local Wine Shop).
- Herbivore Coconut Milk Bath Soak (#amazonaffilatelink).
- Aveeno Repairing CICA Hand + foot mask (#amazonaffilatelink).
- Vanity Planet Facial Steamer (#amazonaffilatelink).
- Candle of the month club from Brooklyn Candle Studio.
- 54 Thrones African Beauty Butter Collection from Sephora.
- The Gift of Self-Love workbook (#amazonaffilatelink).
- UGG® Fluffette Slippers from Nordstrom.
- Atlas of the Heart by Brené Brown (#amazonaffilatelink).
Whatever your plans are — enjoy the moments whether you choose to do it alone or with someone else. Make it about love and not about the gifts.
Comment below: what are your plans this year for Valentine’s Day?