Slate celebrates its 22nd birthday this year by opening Slate Rooftop in Williamsburg on May 19th, in time for the summer on top of The Pod Brooklyn Hotel.
The Chelsea bar is a neighborhood favorite and has been in business since 2000. What better way to celebrate than to raise the roof for its 22nd year around the sun.
The outdoor oasis will be Brooklyn’s greenest rooftop bar and the only solar-powered rooftop. With the entrance located on Metropolitan Avenue, 125 guests will dine Al Fresco. The space also allows for an additional 200 guests in the private event space.
Guest are encouraged to take the scenic route up to the rooftop, stopping to immerse in the one-of-a-kind art installation by multiple groups of local artists lining the staircase from the ground up.
Solar panels will supply power and recycle energy across the rooftop and courtyard beer garden.
Chef Darryl Harmon is the executive chef at Slate Rooftop and will serve up a menu filled with shareable dishes complemented by specialty cocktails, Frose, and beers on tap.
Dishes such as
- Spicy Tuna & Crispy Rice with heirloom radish, jalapeño, avocado, and seaweed crisps for $17
- Beef Short Rib Birria Tacos with Oaxaca cheese, onion, cilantro, heirloom radish, salsa verde, and house-made tortillas served with consommé for $16
- Philly Cheesesteak Empanadas with caramelized onions, sweet peppers, chef’s signature cheese whiz, and salsa Rosada for $15
- as well as a Steakhouse Burger
- Chicken Wings Confit
- Korean Spicy Cauliflower
- Crispy Mac N’ Cheese Bites
- Artisanal Pizzas
- Salads and Desserts are also available
will grace the food menu to complement the beautifully arranged drink and cocktails menu.
There will be specialty cocktails for $16 on rotation, with Frose being a mainstay in addition to four rotating beers on tap.
Slate will also serve Cocktails from Liquid Lab NYC, and those will include:
- the Slate Smash with vodka, Aperol, muddled raspberries and mint, lemon juice, and simple syrup
- Jenga Gingersnap with Earl Grey vodka, ginger beer, thyme-infused ginger syrup, lime, crystallized ginger, and fresh thyme
- the Queen’s Gambit with bourbon, peach puree, honey syrup, lemon juice, peach bitters, a lemon wheel and rosemary, and more.
Slate Rooftop officially opens in Williamsburg on May 19th. However, there is a soft opening on May 12th.
Days and Hours of Operation:
- Monday – Thursday 4 to 11 PM
- Friday 4 PM to 12 AM
- Saturday 12 PM to 12 AM
- Sunday 12 PM to 9 PM
Slate Rooftop opens in Williamsburg on May 19th
247 Metropolitan Avenue — Williamsburg.